Are you highly skilled and passionate about writing, as well as having a keen interest in all things WordPress? Keep scrolling to learn more about the role.
Who are we?
WP White Security is a remote software startup that develops a number of WordPress security and administration plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 400,000 websites and help website administrators and managers improve the security of their website and better manage it and their users.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance and Support Engineer to join our remote team. Your eye for detail and thorough investigation skills will be put to good use, looking for bugs in our suite of WordPress plugins and understanding the issues our customers are experiencing as quickly as possible.
Join us in helping WordPress administrators and website owners better manage and secure their WordPress websites, taking down bugs and ensuring customer satisfaction. Wearing a cape is encouraged but not required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords on a specific topic or idea to plan and structure your work accordingly
- Keeping yourself updated with current news about WordPress and its updates from time to time.
- Writing different kinds of accurate and engaging content to guide WordPress users on their journey in the most effective way possible.
- Edit product descriptions, buying guides, and support text throughout our website and marketing collateral.
- Addressing the SEO requirements for each blog post and optimizing the content to ensure that it reaches the right audience.
- Making edits to existing website content to improve readability, SEO, and accuracy, while keeping the content up to date.
- Learning how the plugins work and how customers use them so you can contribute to improving our sales and support strategy.
- Assisting our plugin users and supporting them in the best way possible.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a passionate reader, researcher, blogger, and copywriter who has a keen interest in technology and WordPress and loves penning things.
- Have at least three years of professional writing experience.
- Can take technical concepts and translate them into content that’s a pleasure to read.
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it for the sake of getting it done.
- Be passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- Be results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
- You’re comfortable accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.