We are currently looking for a part-time copywriter (20 hours per week) to join our team. The role calls for someone to help us elevate our content and marketing efforts by producing all sorts of engaging copy, including emails, social media posts, adverts, video scripts, the occasional blog post, and other types of content.
Are you highly skilled and passionate about writing and have a keen interest in all things WordPress? Keep scrolling to learn more about the role.
Who are we?
WP White Security is a remote software startup that develops a number of WordPress security and administration plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 400,000 websites and help website administrators and managers improve the security of their website and better manage it and their users.
We are currently accepting applications from candidates residing in a CET +/- 2 timezone.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing different kinds of accurate and engaging content to guide our customers on their journey in the most effective way possible.
- Edit product descriptions, buying guides, and support text throughout our website and marketing collateral.
- Addressing the SEO requirements for each piece of content and optimizing the content to ensure that it reaches the right audience.
- Making edits to existing website content to improve readability, SEO, and accuracy while keeping the content up to date.
- Learning how the plugins work and how customers use them so you can contribute to improving our sales and support strategy.
- Keeping yourself updated with current news about WordPress and its updates from time to time.
- Assisting our customers and supporting them in the best way possible.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a passionate reader, researcher, blogger, and copywriter who has a keen interest in technology and WordPress and loves penning things.
- Have at least three years of professional copywriting experience.
- Have at least two years of experience writing for software companies, ideally those which specialize in WordPress development.
- Can take technical concepts and translate them into content that’s a pleasure to read.
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it for the sake of getting it done.
- Be passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- Be results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
- You’re comfortable accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.