Are you insatiably curious, with a penchant for experimentation and learning new things? Do you enjoy taking things apart and then putting them back together to understand how they work? If so, we have an open role you’ll find very interesting.
Who are we?
WP White Security is a remote software startup that develops a number of WordPress security and administration plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 350,000 websites and help website administrators and managers improve the security of their website and better manage it and their users.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance and Support Engineer to join our remote team. Your eye for detail and thorough investigation skills will be put to good use, looking for bugs in our suite of WordPress plugins and understanding the issues our customers are experiencing as quickly as possible.
Join us in helping WordPress administrators and website owners better manage and secure their WordPress websites, taking down bugs and ensuring customer satisfaction. Wearing a cape is encouraged but not required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Test our WordPress plugins through the different stages of development and release cycles. This includes user, functionality, regression, and compatibility testing
- Report discovered defects, inconsistent product operations, and possible product improvements in detailed reports
- Contribute to defect resolution by helping with the reproduction and investigation of reported issues
- Develop and document test environments and test cases
- Produce and maintain testing documentation, including test cases, test scripts, and test data
- Develop and maintain systems and solutions to automate testing processes
- Provide technical support to our plugin users either via email, phone, and/or remote access
- Report and follow through on issues reported by the users to deliver a working solution with prompt and accurate feedback
- Document technical documents in the form of notes and manuals.
- Maintain good client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- 3+ years of experience in testing software and / or web applications, preferably WordPress plugins or themes
- 2+ years hands-on experience working with WordPress (either building, developing, testing, or managing WordPress websites, plugins and themes)
- A good understanding of concepts such as black-box testing, unit testing, user testing, automated and manual testing
Extra points if you are knowledgeable about any or all of the following:
- Good understanding of PHPUnit & automated testing
- Ability to read and write code (junior development level)
- Good understanding of Git and other systems used in the SDLC