Senior PHP / WordPress Developer
WP White Security is a young remote software company, originally founded in Edinburgh, United Kingdom. We develop a number high-quality WordPress security and admin plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 100,000 websites and used by world renowned businesses such as Disney, Amazon and Intel!
Join our growing distributed team and develop great plugins that help thousands of WordPress websites administrators! We are looking for a senior back-end PHP / WordPress / JavaScirpt developer that can work during European time zone hours. If you love writing code, and are fond of the WordPress and open source communities, we want to hear from you.
We are still a small team, however, we have a large customer base. So naturally, there is a lot of room to grow within the company.
What will your job be?
You will be leading the development of our WordPress plugins portfolio. Your tasks will span from writing code, bug fixing and implementing new features, expecting that new and changed code is thoroughly tested and well documented.
You will also interact with other team members to help troubleshoot and resolve customer issues, and also interact with the rest of the team for knowledge sharing and product work.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written English
- 5+ years experience working as a PHP / WordPress plugin developer
- Strong background in scalable database usage with MySQL
- Good understanding of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP (LAMP) environments
- Hard working and passionate – we are a young start-up
- [BONUS] good understanding of application and WordPress security
Benefits of working for us
- Work from anywhere as long as you have your computer and internet connection (remote job)
- Work in a flat, small and young organization
- Paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences
- Long term engagement – we are looking for a committed candidate who within a few years can become a team lead and a source of knowledge
How to apply
Send us your CV to email@example.com. If you have a Github, BitBucket or other repository with example of code you have written, please include them in the email so we can take a look at them. In the email also include the answers to the following questions:
- What are your payment expectations?
- What are you looking for in your next job?