We are currently looking for a technical writer to join our growing team. The role calls for someone who is technically minded and can help us produce original, straightforward, engaging, and highly technical content. You will be exploring a few subjects, such as WordPress, web server technologies, and cyber security.
Who are we?
WP White Security is a remote software startup that develops a number of WordPress security and administration plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 450,000 websites and help website administrators and managers improve the security of their website and better manage it and their users.
We are currently accepting applications from candidates residing in a CET +/- 2 timezone.
- Writing different kinds of technical content, including manuals, documentation, blog posts, etc.
- Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords on a specific topic or idea to plan and structure your work accordingly
- Keeping yourself updated with current news about WordPress and its updates from time to time.
- Addressing the SEO requirements for each blog post and optimizing the content to ensure that it reaches the right audience.
- Making edits to existing website content to improve readability, SEO, and accuracy, while keeping the content up to date.
- Learning how the plugins work and how customers use them so you can contribute to improving our sales and support strategy.
- Assisting our customers and supporting them in the best way possible.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a solid technical understanding of WordPress, web servers, networks, and cybersecurity.
- Be a passionate reader, researcher, blogger, and copywriter who has a keen interest in technology and WordPress and loves penning things.
- Have at least three years of professional writing experience.
- Have at least two years of experience writing for software companies, ideally those which specialize in WordPress development.
- Can take technical concepts and translate them into content that’s a pleasure to read.
- Be a self-starter who takes the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it for the sake of getting it done.
- Be passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- Be results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
- You’re comfortable accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.