WordPress Technical Content Writer
We’re looking for a remote technical WordPress content writer that can work during European time zone hours to join our growing distributed team.
You’ll help us produce in-depth articles, write product documentation, manuals, FAQs and video scripts, marketing material, adverts and much more. You will also help us with product support, which allows you to learn about the common problems users face and how they use our plugins.
If you’re proficient in, and have experience writing about WordPress security, user management and website administration, and are passionate about WordPress and software, scroll down to learn more.
As a content writer, you need to
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a passionate reader, researcher, blogger, content writer and technical writer who has a keen interest in technology and WordPress, and loves penning things.
- Have at least 3 years professional writing experience.
- Can take technical concepts and make them in content that’s a pleasure to read.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- Be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it for the sake of getting it done.
- Be passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- Be results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
- You’re comfortable accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Conducting keyword research to identify target keywords on a specific topic or idea, hence being able to plan and structure your content accordingly.
- Keeping yourself updated with current news about WordPress and its updates from time to time.
- Writing accurate and engaging articles, tips, and tutorials to guide WordPress users on their journey in the most effective way possible.
- Edit product descriptions, buying guides, and supportive text throughout our website and marketing collateral.
- Addressing the SEO requirements for each blog post and optimizing the content to ensure that it reaches the right audience.
- Making edits to existing content on all our websites in an effort to improve readability, SEO, accuracy, and keep the content up-to-date overall.
- Learning how the plugins work and how they are used, so you can help us better sell the products and support the current user base.
- Assisting our plugin users and supporting them in the best way possible.
Who we are & what we offer
WP White Security is a young European company that develops high-quality WordPress security and management plugins. Our plugins are installed on more than 150,000 websites and are used by world renowned businesses such as Disney, Amazon, Intel and many more!
Benefits of working for us
- Work from anywhere (during European time zone hours).
- Job security and competitive salary.
- Work in a flat, small and friendly organization.
- 28 days paid time off.
- Paid educational materials (including but not limited to online courses and books).
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences.
- Long term engagement – we are looking for a committed candidate who within a few years can become a team lead and a source of knowledge.
How to start writing for us…
Send us an email and your CV to email@example.com. Include in the email URLs of content you’ve published, URLs of websites or other projects you worked on and helped with.
Also, include the answers to the below questions:
- What are your salary expectations?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!