Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
CAPTCHA 4WP changelog
Release notes: Support for WPForms & Gravity Forms plugins
- Added support for Gravity Forms.
- Added support for WPForms.
- New setting to show the CAPTCHA logo on the lower left rather than the default, right.
- Local File Inclusion reported by WPScan.
- Improved JS handling within the WooCommerce checkout to ensure a more robust field during checkout changes.
- Improved settings inline help text.
- The action ‘c4wp_captcha_form_field’ is now exclusive to premium edition.
- Ensure applicable settings only accessible based on the current license.
- Support for [c4wp-captcha] shortcode is now exclusive to the premium edition.
- Streamlined plugin’s internal build process.
- Improved Coding Standards throughout plugin.
- Fixed logic issue which could cause an error during new user registration.
- Ensure only specific internal files can be loaded within the help area.
- Ensure applicable functions return first argument where needed.
- Ensure migration script to new options table is run where needed.
- Ensure correct default language is set during update in free edition.
- Ensure verification does not hinder hook requests where no CAPTCHA is posted.
New features & functionality
- A new setting that allows you to enable CAPTCHA on WooCommerce logins whilst disabling it on the checkout login form.
- Update logic to ensure whitelisted IP addresses action only runs when needed.
- Ensure plugin does not attempt to verify if submission contains to captcha field.
- Updated Contact Form 7 “embeddable” form tag to include response field.
- Updated branding within the Freemius admin areas.
- Improved the CAPTCHA placement within the WooCommerce “password reset” page.
- Overall admin UI improvements, including responsive styling.
- Improved BuddyPress JS support for better compatibility.
- Improved overall JS to ensure functions are defined when used.
- Improved WooCommerce extension logic to ensure code only runs when functions are available.
- Improved inline help text, including warning for users of JetPack comments regarding incompatibility.
- Improved logic within whitelisting to ensure accurate results.
- Updated v2 invisible form submission JS for wider compatibility.
- Updated features logic to ensure extensions are always loaded based on license.
- Fix logic to ensure “login_captcha_filter” return accurate response.
- Reinstated original “anr_nocaptcha” Contact Form 7 form tag (backward compatibility).
- Corrected Mailchimp 4 WP form tag from [c4wp_captcha] to [c4wp-captcha].
- Ensure CAPTCHA language has the correct default in new installations.
- Fixed error which caused “please solve CAPTCHA” message to appear on the “lost password” form.
- Fixed redirection during installation on a network to ensure plugin takes user to correct admin area.
- Fixed login within WooCommerce checkout which could cause CAPTCHA to always be hidden for logged in users.
- Corrected typo within BBPress extension.
- Ensure previous anr_nocaptcha Contact Form 7 code is validated.
- Fix JS bug which could cause comments to not POST with v2 invisible captcha.
- Improved logic to determine if a login verification should be “skipped” depending on POSTed values.
- Fixed: Re-implemented support for original CF7 form tag.
- Fixed: Fixed issue which could cause login CAPTCHA’s to not display.
- Fixed: Fixed issue related to null variable in CF7 extension.
- Fixed: Ensure plugin does not interfere with unwanted “authenticate” calls.
- Fixed: Use of private “construct” within CF7 extension.
- Fixed: PHP 7.2 Compatibility issue.
- Plugin renamed to CAPTCHA 4WP.
- New UI with improved UX.
- A setting to choose where to place the CAPTCHA check on the WooCommerce checkout page.
- Added the option to exclude CAPTCHA from specific URLs.
- Auto detect visitor language and auto-configure the CAPTCHA test language to match the visitor’s language setting.
- Plugin can now be activated at multisite network level or at individual child-sites level.
- Plugin now has its own dedicated top level menu entry for configuration.
- Replaced the plugin prefix to c4wp (both internally and for shortcodes).
- Updated a number of translatable strings.
- Added a specific upgrade script to handle upgrades from pre v7.0.
- Fixed support for PHP v7.2.
- Removed the Freemius SDK from free edition.
- Added a dedicated help and support area with downloadable “system info” for easier troubleshooting (in case support need it).
- Added compatibility support for Wordfence 2FA.
- Ensure failed logins filter only runs when appropriate.
- Added ability to detect and ignore REST API requests.
- Failed login data is now stored in its own table with configurable pruning.
- Separated WooCommerce form logic to allow registration and login forms to be enabled/disabled independently from the WordPress built-in forms.
- Third party plugins extensions are now handled via separate classes for modularity.
- Better sanitisation when saving admin options.
- Removed obsolete “NoJS” setting.
- Improved v2 Checkbox field positioning on WP login page.
- Added support for Buddypress comments and activity areas.
- Fixed: plugin “blocking” admin request to send a “reset password” email via a user’s profile page.
- Fixed: CAPTCHA not appearing on WordPress “lost password” form.
- Removed obsolete code related to “FEP” forms.
- IMPROVEMENT: Updated all the FAQs and help text links to point to the new documentation pages.
- IMPROVEMENT: Improved the help text for CAPTCHA v3 to better explain the severity scoring system.
- IMPROVEMENT: Ensure CAPTCHA is not loaded when a page is viewed via Wthe P customizer/Widget view (introduced in WP 5.8)
- IMPROVEMENT: Better support for PHP8
- FIX: Updated the CF7 field to ensure error messages are shown correctly when validation fails.
- FIX: Stopped CAPTCHA from being enforced on reset links, which causes sending of reset links via admin to fail.
- FIX: Admin notice dismissal is improved to avoid load “blank” tabs.
- FIX: Updated how form submission is handled during validation to improve compatibility (CAPTCHA V2).
- FIX: Fixed issue with CAPTCHA always failing validation on password reset screen (CAPTCHA V2).
- FIX: Fixed issue with CAPTCHA validation failing on WooCommerce checkout.
UPDATE: Announcing new developer + future updates.
- FIX: error in php version 7.4
- Use tab navigation for settings. Remove extra menu items from admin sidebar.
- Link to documentation on How to get google reCAPTCHA keys.
- Increase footer hook priority as some theme add login/register form with higher priority.
- recaptcha.net domain added.
- Error message now can be translated in file.
- Add Contact form 7 integration instruction page link in settings page of this plugin.
- Re-captcha domain can now be changed from settings.
- footer script hook priority changed.
- use same settings if network activated.
- for cf7, use this plugins captcha instead of cf7 captcha.
- Minor bug fixed.
- IP whitelist feature added.
- Captcha V3 timeout issue fixed.
- UM login issue fixed.
- Return last verify incase of duplicate checking.
- Add google scripts src filters.
- Custom hook and captcha short-code now support logged in setup.
- Fix: Multisite site signup during registration failed due to double verification.
- Fix: Comment reply failed from back-end.
- Use js for loop instead of php for loop
- Use number_formate_i18n to translate float
- Tested up to updated.
- Fix: Compatibility issue with reCaptcha v3 and CF7 version 5.1 & 5.1.1
- Now support reCaptcha v3 also
- Fix: invisible captcha sometimes was not working
- anr_verify_captcha filter added
- PRO version released
- anr_verify_captcha_pre filter added
- anr_get_option filter added
- Reset captcha if CF7 validation error occur
- Changed Tested up to
- BuddyPress mentioned in readme
- WooCommerce checkout captcha sometimes did not verify
- Reset captcha if WooCommerce checkout error occur
- If WordPress version is 4.9.0 or greater then pre_comment_approved filter used for comment which we can now return WP_Error
- Settings page redesigned.
- anr_is_form_enabled function added
- Captcha error show first before username password error. So if captcha is not validated then username password error is not shown.
- enqueue login css only if normal captcha is shown
- Enabled forms stored as an array in db. array key is enabled_forms
- Add class ANR_Settings, removed class anr_admin_class
- BuddyPress register captcha added
- Sometimes fatal error if is_admin return true in front-end.
- Do not show captcha in checkout if not checked for checkout.
- Now show captcha when use wp_login_form() function to create login form.
- Fix: Settings page checkbox uncheck was not working.
- New: Show captcha after set failed login attempts (may not work if you use ajax based login form, fall back to show always).
- Fix: contact form 7 deprecated function use.
- New: Invisible captcha feature added.
- Fix: Show captcha error when login form loaded
- Move this plugin settings page under Settings
- Bug fix: WooCommerce lostpassword corrupted link
- Comment form captcha issue fixed.
- Captcha now wrapped in anr_captcha_field div class.
- Comment form captcha p tag removed.
- Security update.
- WooCommerce checkout form issue fixed.
- Captcha in WooCommerce added (WooCommerce Login, Registration, Lost password, Reset password forms).
- Allow multiple captcha in same page.
- Text domain changed.
- Some minor bug fixed.
- New filter ‘anr_same_settings_for_all_sites’ added, Now same settings can be used for all sites in Multisite.
- Multisite User Signup Form added.
- Some bug fixed.
- Now captcha size can be changed.
- bbPress New topic added
- bbPress reply to topic added
- XMLRPC_REQUEST Check
- Some bug fixed.
- Initial release.