Complete features list – WP 2FA
The WP 2FA plugin is an easy to use wizard driven two-factor authentication (2FA) plugin for WordPress websites. With it you can add an additional layer of security to your WordPress websites by implementing 2FA.
With the plugin you can configure the 2FA policies, making 2FA a compulsory requirement. When 2FA is compulsory your website users are required to use it and not jeopardize the security of your WordPress website. Below is a highlight of the plugin features:
- Free 2FA plugin; WP 2FA is a free plugin and you can add 2FA for all your users for free, without any limitations.
- Easy to use and wizard driven; users can set up 2FA without requiring technical help.
- Supports multiple 2FA methods; TOTP (with Google authenticator app) and HOTP (one-time code sent over email).
- Manageable 2FA methods; administrators can select and restrict which of the 2FA methods the users can use.
- Backup codes; users can generate their own 2FA ackup codes and use them in case they cannot get the one-time code through the primary 2FA code generator.
- 2FA policies; you can enforce 2FA as a compulsory login requirement for all users, users with a specific role, or some specific users.
- Grace period; you can configure a 2FA grace period for your users during which they have to configure 2FA on their user accounts.
- Enforce 2FA policies; users who are required to use 2FA won’t be able to login if they do not configure 2FA within the grace period. They can only login once they configure 2FA. For more information refer to how 2FA policies work on WordPress.