Complete features list – WP 2FA
The WP 2FA plugin is an easy to use wizard driven two-factor authentication (2FA) plugin for WordPress websites. With it you can add an additional layer of security to your WordPress website login by implementing 2FA.
With the plugin you can configure the 2FA policies, making 2FA a compulsory requirement. When 2FA is compulsory your website users are required to use it so they do not jeopardize the security of your WordPress website. Below is a highlight of the plugin features:
- Free 2FA plugin; WP 2FA is a free plugin and you can add 2FA for all your users for free, without any limitations.
- Easy to use and wizard driven; users can set up 2FA without requiring technical help.
- Supports multiple 2FA methods; TOTP (with Google authenticator app) and HOTP (one-time code sent over email).
- Universal support for 2FA apps; WP 2FA can work with Authy, FreeOTP, Duo Security and many other 2FA apps.
- Manageable 2FA methods; administrators can select and restrict which of the 2FA methods the users can use.
- Backup codes; users can generate their own 2FA ackup codes and use them in case they cannot get the one-time code through the primary 2FA code generator.
- 2FA policies; you can make 2FA mandatory for all WordPress users or a selection of users with the policies.
- Grace period; you can configure a 2FA grace period for your users during which they have to configure 2FA on their user accounts.
- Require instant use of 2FA: with the policies you can also require users to instantly use 2FA, therefore they will be prompted to setup and use 2FA the next time they login.
- Support for custom user profile pages: when users do not have access to the WordPress dashboard (like in an online store, or a subscriber / membership website) you can make the 2FA setup & settings available on a front-end website page. WP 2FA also has a number of shortcodes you can use to build your own custom 2FA configuration and setup page.
- Redirect users to custom URLs after 2FA setup: When users configure 2FA, by default they are redirected to the page from where they launched the wizard. However, you can configure the plugin to redirect the user to any other URL.
- Built-in multisite network support: the WP 2FA plugin supports multisite networks right out of the box.
- Editable email templates: all the emails the plugin sends can be edited and every one of them can be disabled (and re-enabled) individually.
- Secure plugin settings: By default the 2FA plugin settings can be accessed by all the site administrators. However, you can boost the security by restricted access to the 2FA policies and plugin settings to just your user.
- Fully configurable: All of the above features are fully configurable from the plugin settings.