How to configure different password policies for different WordPress user roles
Once you install WPassword you can configure and enable password policies in the All tab. All the password policies configured in this tab apply to all users, regardless of their WordPress role.
However, you can override the all password policies and configure different ones for specific roles when using the plugin. To do so:
- Navigate to the Password Policies menu entry.
- Click on the tab that has the name of the role.
- Uncheck the option Inherit Password Policies at the top of the settings.
- Configure the password policies for that role in the role’s tab.
- Click Save to save the new policies.
The newly configured policies will apply to the users with that role the next time their password expires or when they change their passwords. To force the users to instantly change their passwords click the Reset All Users’ Passwords button.