Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
License for production, staging, development & testing WordPress sites
The license of the WP White Security plugins can be used on a live or production site and also on a staging, development and testing version of the WordPress site. You do not need to buy any additional licenses to install any of our premium plugins on your staging, development and testing environment.
We have a list of TLDs (Top Level Domains) and sub domains that are automatically considered as staging, development or testing site. So if you use any of the below in your environment, you do not need to contact us to activate the premium edition on your testing environment. If your testing setup does not use any of the below TLDs or sub domains please contact us so we can setup an exception for you.
Top Level Domains
- *.myftpupload.com (used on GoDaddy)
- *.cloudwaysapps.com (used on Cloudways)
- *.ngrok.io (used for tunneling)
- stagingN.* (SiteGround; N is an unsigned integer)
- *.staging.wpengine.com (WP Engine)
- dev-*.pantheonsite.io (Pantheon)
- test-*.pantheonsite.io (Pantheon)
- staging-*.kinsta.com (Kinsta)
Let us know if your hosting provider uses a particular sub domain for the staging websites.
The domain name localhost is also considered as a testing, development or staging domain. So if you run tests on websites listening on localhost, it will be treated as a testing site, regardless of the port it is listening on.