Password Policies Manager plugin changelog
Release notes: PPMWP 2.3.1: improved support for third party plugins
- Removed option to disable WordPress’ automatic password generation.
- Better support for third party plugins – plugin works much better now with eCommerce, membership & subscription plugins.
- The password reset module will require users to change the password even if they have not reset it within 24 hours.
- Password was not always automatically generated.
- Generated password did not always meet the configured password policies.
- UI was not showing the correct configured user role specific policies.
- Password was not being generated automatically when user had to reset the password on next login.
- Password policies not inherited properly when using custom roles in certain edge cases.
- Password policies not displayed properly on custom pages with WooCommerce.
- User profile setting to require user to change the password during next login.
- The password policies shown when creating a new user are are the policies that apply for the new user’s role.
- Setting to stop WordPress from automatically generating passwords.
- Policy to require inactive users in WordPress to reset password once unlocked.
- Applied several core and performance updates. Plugin can now be used to enforce policies on sites with more than 100,000 users without any performance drops.
- The inactive WordPress users policy now works as a standalone policy. It is no longer dependent on the expiration policy.
- When users are marked as inactive, their existing sessions are instantly terminated.
- Standardized the plugin’s settings prefix (code improvement).
- Plugin hangs when a user is automatically created by WooCommerce during checkout.
- Users are not asked to reset their password during first login when using a specific custom login form.
- Minor UI / placeholders alignment issues.
- Password not reset properly when reset via Custom password reset form in Storefront.
- Out of the box support for custom login pages.
- Added documentation about the hook for custom password reset pages.
- Updated About us page – added reference to our new two-factor authentication plugin.
- Standardized the UI and UX of the user exemption settings.
- Improved validation / checking of all policy settings.
- Password policies inheritance not working properly in some edge cases.
- Plugin loading translation files correctly.
- Plugin settings & data deleted from database when relevant setting is enabled and plugin is uninstalled.
- Plugin shows incorrect message to user when their account is locked (WordPress dormant users check).
- Dormant users policy.
- Setting to specify special characters that cannot be used in passwords.
- Support for post login redirect plugins.
- Reset all passwords functionality now resets all passwords and terminates sessions instantly.
- Updated Freemius SDK to 2.3.2.
- Removed old / obsolete code from the plugin.
- Localized some strings that were hardcoded in js files.
- Setting to exempt users from dormant users checks.
- Fixed some issues with localization and generated new POT file.
- Fixed an edge case issue in which the reset all function was not terminating the users’ sessions.
- Password policies for WordPress multisite networks.
- New password policy to force WordPress users to reset the password the first time they login.
- Increased password history policy: plugin can now remember up to 100 passwords per user.
- Improved the text of the email templates used in the plugin.
- Improved the help and about pages (more links, help etc).
- Improved plugin’s error messages.
- Expired passwords can be reset with a wrong password.
- Expired passwords cannot be reset by administrator.
- Added new SDK to allow Free 7-day plugin trials.
- Reset all passwords functionality works also when policies are disabled.
Improved the plugin’s text and messages (better UX).
- Fixed an issue in which plugin prompts on login pages where incorrect.
- Ability to configure different password policies for different user roles.
- Users can now configure the maximum password length to less than 6 characters (not recommended).
- Generic plugin improvements
- Added Spanish language files.
- Initial Release.