WP 2FA plugin changelog
Release notes: WP 2FA 1.3: Front-end 2FA setup & improved 2FA policies
- 2FA setup website page for users who do not have access the dashboard and want to setup 2FA.
- Front-end 2FA setup page email tag so the link to setup 2FA can be included in the user emails.
- A number of shortcodes to setup your own 2FA configuration page.
- Setting to enable/disable every individual email notification.
- 2FA Policies can now be enforced both by role and to specific users at the same time.
- Administrators are redirected to the 2FA settings after completing the wizard.
- Standardized the handling and error notifications for the custom from email address and display name placeholders.
- Addressed a number of minor UI issues in the plugin wizard.
- Sites excluded in the wizard on multisite networks not excluded in config.
- Username was not properly retrieved and shown in the backup code print export.
- Users’ grace period database entry was not deleted when admin removed the policies.
- Multisite network support.
- Configurable email templates.
- New setting to also configure the “from email address and display name” for all plugin emails.
- Support for redirect after login plugins.
- Support for custom login pages; user is correctly redirected to enter 2FA code when using one.
- Added a “Send another code” button in the email 2FA wizard (in case first email is not received).
- If they apply, policies are automatically enforced on newly created user (user is sent an email notification).
- 2FA policies are enforced if they apply when a user’s role is changed.
- Locked user is sent an email every time there is a login attempt on the account.
- Backup codes not generated in some specific scenarios.
- Incorrect META title of plugin wizard (Support ticket).
- Plugin does not generate backup codes in certain circumstances.
- Initial release