A WordPress update (version 3.5.1) is available for download. This WordPress update is a maintenance and security release. It is highly recommended to update your WordPress to the latest version to ensure the best WordPress Security.
Bug fixes Highlights in WordPress 3.5.1
- A number of work flow and compatibility issues have been fixed in the new WordPress media manager.
- Several fixes in WordPress version 3.5.1 now address unexpected removal of HTML elements such as video embeds in certain rare cases and when posts were scheduled.
- This new version also addresses a bug affecting WordPress running IIS. If you cannot update from 3.5 to 3.5.1 and you receive the error “Destination directory for file streaming does not exist or is not writable,” you will need to follow the steps outlined on this WordPress Codex.
WordPress 3.5.1 Security Fixes
- Server-side request forgery vulnerability and remote port scanning using pingbacks.
- Two cross-site scripting vulnerabilities via shortcodes and post content.
- Another cross-site scripting vulnerability in the external library Plupload.